TIME FOR SLIME
Over at Bootham Nursery this week it was time for slime. And the nursery children have been making their own! As you can see it was incredibly successful and very very stretchy! So fancy trying to make your own at home, well here is the recipe:
Cup of PVA glue
Teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Cup of white shaving foam (optional)
Contact lens solution
- First of all tip 1 cup of the PVA glue into a bowl
- Then add a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix together
- Furthermore to add colour, mix a few drops of food colouring to the glue and mix
- Next add 1 tablespoon of contact lens solution and mix with a spoon until it starts to become stringy
- Then take it out of the bowl and knead between your hands for 30 seconds. It will start off sticky but will become elastic and stretchy
In addition if it’s still too sticky, just add a few more drops of contact lens solution. But be careful, as adding too much will make it brittle and cause it to snap!
NB: Lastly please ensure an adult is present at all times and supervises the slime making.