This is an excellent opportunity for an ICT professional to support the delivery of Bootham School’s ICT infrastructure, including telecoms, printing, scanning and photocopying, together with the school’s off-site hosted website.
You will provide support for daily operational activities and administration of the ICT department and assist the ICT Manager to define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices across the junior and senior schools.
You must have application support experience and good technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, and current network hardware protocols and standards.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and the ability to use non-technical language where appropriate are all essential to success in this role.
Closing date: 9am 1st August 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 20th August
Reports to: ICT Manager
Line Manager of: N/A
Key Contacts and Relationships: ICT Manager, all teaching and support staff, students
Overall Purpose: to support the ICT Department to deliver and support the School’s ICT infrastructure. The post holder will provide support for daily operational activities and administration of the ICT department. Digital Resources include telecoms, printing, scanning and photocopying, together with the school’s website (hosted off-site). The post holder will assist the ICT Manager to define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
Assist the ICT Department in operational and strategic tasks and projects.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the ICT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Assist with the occasional administration of the financial aspects of the ICT Department, including purchasing.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of all ICT policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications, in an appropriate style, with all customers of the IT department.
- Deploy, monitor, maintain, develop, upgrade, and support of all ICT systems, including servers, PCs, laptops, operating systems, hardware, software, wired and wireless networks, projectors and interactive whiteboards/TV’s and peripherals.
- Provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Undertake asset management for ICT hardware, software, and equipment.
Skills and Competences required in the role:
- Qualification in the field of computer science or an IT related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and the ability to use non-technical language where appropriate.
- Good technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, relevant to the school’s systems and future needs.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, relevant to the school’s systems.
- Application support experience, ideally gained within an educational environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to appreciate the School’s aims and objectives and understand the contribution of ICT support in meeting those aims.
- Ability to conduct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Inspection of cables in floors, walls and ceilings.
Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Ability to climb stairs. Bootham School is an historic building over several floors with no lifts. The ICT team is currently located in a basement office
Working hours and salary:
37.5 hours weekly Monday to Friday. Start and finish times are on a rota basis to provide ICT support between 8am and 6pm daily.
Approximately 10 Saturday mornings per year are worked (8.30am to 12.30pm) on a rota basis, for which 4 hours’ time off in lieu is given. The Bootham School timetable includes Saturday morning teaching for all students.
44 days paid holiday per year is given, including 8 Bank Holidays.
The salary is between £21,789 and £24,249 depending on experience and qualifications.
Bootham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and other safeguarding procedures.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Jenny at Recruitment@boothamschool.com